Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Godsmack: The Oracle Review

Following up 2006's "IV," Godsmack released their fifth album, "The Oracle" on May 4, 2010. It really brings a brand new Godsmack sound, while at the same time brings back the older sound of them. They have changed a lot through the years, and finally, their new master piece is finally finished.

The album opens with the song, "Cryin' Like A B***h," the first single by them. The song brought a new evolved sound from them, which was very heavy and intense, and also very good at the same time. Their next single, which was released in April, was named "Love-Hate-Sex-Pain." It was the forth track of the album. I enjoyed this song a little more than the previous one mostly because I found the guitar part stand out more, and I liked the vocals more. Their third single was named "What If," and was released mid-April. It was the fifth song in the album. I thought it was a great song because of the long intro into the song, and the loud guitar part. I also like the lyrics to the song such as,"What if I leaved, could I I still breath? What if I breathed, could I still be? And if I leaved, would I be me?" Their fourth and final single was named "Saints And Sinners." It was another good song that was similar to "What If?" but different. It was the second song in the album. The song had a cool bass guitar part, and good vocals. It was released late April, a week before the full album was released.

"War And Peace," which was the third song of the album, I thought had a cool beat to it, and had a very dark feeling to it. It also had a heavy guitar riff to it that made it sound cool. "Devils Swing," the sixth track, is another good song. This song has a great guitar part, a good vocal part, and a good beat. Two thumbs up for that song. "Good Day To Die," the seventh track of the album, is another great song. I love the intense guitar riffs in it. Track number eight is titled as "Forever Shamed." This another good song that sounds more like old Godsmack to me for some reason, but like good Godsmack. The solo in it is very good, and very appropriate for the song. "Shadow of a Soul" is the ninth track of the CD. The song starts out with some intense guitar and bass parts, and then goes into vocals. The rest of the song is similar to the beginning, and is a pretty good song. The tenth and final track is "The Oracle." It's an entire instrumental track, but don't get disapointed. It's one of the best tracks of the song. The guitar riffs are just amazing sounding. It has a man speaking in the background that sounds similar to the tracks "Moon Baby" and "Vampires."

The bonus tracks of the album are titled "Whiskey Hangover" and "I Blame You." The first bonus track, "Whiskey Hangover," is a great song, and is probably one of the best of the album. The guitar and lyrics are both very good. The song was first released as a single in late June 2009, and was origionally not going to be on the album. The second bonus track, titled "I Blame You," is another good sound that's very fast-paced land heavy like the rest of the album. The album is a great addition to Godsmack's music, and is reccomended by me to any fan of them. You can listen to their full album here on myspace, or go to the Godsmack official website here.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check them out! Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete